6 Reasons to Love DecoBob™ Pre-Wound Bobbins!
There are a lot of reasons to love WonderFil Specialty Threads pre-wound DecoBob™ bobbins. Here's a list of our top six reasons to keep these wonderful little bobbins in your sewing room:
1. They come wound with a higher density of thread than if you wind your own bobbin on a machine, meaning they'll last much longer before you need to interrupt your sewing to replace it with a fresh one.
2. When winding your own bobbin you will often notice the thread filling a clump at one end before moving to the other end. DecoBob™ pre-wounds are wound completely evenly at the factory, which results in your stitches becoming a lot more consistent when sewing and quilting.
3. Unlike threads manufactured by many other companies, DecoBob™ pre-wounds are not sprayed with any glue, which leaves a residue on the thread that can eventually cause build up in your machines and reduce stitch consistency. Using DecoBob in your machine will keep it happy!
4. A common myth is that you need to use the same thickness of thread in the bobbin as you do in the needle, however this is completely untrue. Because DecoBob™ is a super fine 80wt thread, it will actually reduce the bulk in all of your seams resulting in the top thread running even more smoothly through your machine while still being strong enough to keep everything together. It is recommend to use DecoBob™ in the bobbin for ALL WonderFil™ thread lines because of this.
5. The thread is wound in a reusable plastic bobbin, so you can always refill them again and again if you ever need to.
6. DecoBob pre-wound bobbins are available in 36 different colors, meaning you can find the perfect match to any project! Because DecoBob™ is a cottonized polyester thread, its matte finish will also help it blend into your fabric so that the bobbin thread shows less.
Pick up a pack of these handy gadgets, starting €11.60 for a pack of 12 bobbins! Just remember to select the correct size for your machine (Class 15, L, or M).
Leave a comment